1
Dec

Could Julian Assange’s latest data dump force Hillary Clinton to resign, or even spark World War III?

It’s day two of “cablegate,” and fierce debate continues to rage over WikiLeaks’ unveiling of thousands of diplomatic cables from U.S. embassies to the government. Beyond diplomatic embarrassment, what will the fallout be? Here, five possible outcomes commentators have floated:

1. Obama shuts down WikiLeaks
The White House has already made it clear it wants to take legal action against WikiLeaks. But the government could seize the WikiLeaks domain without the need for a trial, says Mike Maznick at TechDirt, simply by exercising its Homeland Security powers. That could, however, be seen as government censorship. “The backlash to such a move would be overwhelming.”

2. Julian Assange is jailed, or even executed
WikiLeaks’ idiosyncratic Australian founder is the target of most critics’ ire over “cablegate” and some warn he could soon be headed for jail — or worse. If the courts decide Assange leaked this information to deliberately cause harm to the U.S, he could be tried on espionage charges. The U.S. has demanded his passport be cancelled, and he is on Interpol’s most wanted list for allegations of rape in Sweden. Conservatives including Bill O’Reilly and Sarah Palin have called for him to be hunted down or executed. It’s not all bad for the Australian, though: Ecuador has offered him asylum.

Read more… 

As published in http://theweek.com

Duju Iranga April 28, 2012 - 10:30 pm

Hello there, I found your blog by the use of Google while looking for a similar subject, your website got here up, it appears good. I have added to my favourites|added to bookmarks.

Duju Iranga Vilniuje April 28, 2012 - 11:36 pm

Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon till now. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the source?|What i do not understood is in fact how you’re now not really much more well-appreciated than you may be right now. You are so intelligent.

Duju Iranga Automobiliams April 28, 2012 - 11:37 pm

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem with your website in internet explorer, may test this? IE still is the market leader and a large element of other people will pass over your wonderful writing due to this problem.

rakeback sites April 29, 2012 - 3:43 am

Great paintings! That is the type of information that are supposed to be shared around the web. Disgrace on the seek engines for now not positioning this submit higher! Come on over and consult with my website . Thanks =)

roofer 85067 May 22, 2013 - 11:32 pm

Wonderful, what a blog it is! This weblog presents valuable data
to us, keep it up.

web Site July 9, 2013 - 7:23 am

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m
not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.
Many thanks!

Spanish subjunctive quiz online November 1, 2013 - 10:41 am

Good day! This is my first comment here so I
just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuineky enjoy reading through your articles.
Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that ggo over the same subjects?
Manyy thanks!

testy2014 January 18, 2014 - 7:46 pm

Check this out…

Here are some of the sites we recommend for our visitors…

trabajoinversionesonline.postbit.com March 15, 2015 - 7:05 pm

Ңola
Es interesante tu articulo. Algunos aгticulos no me gustaron dеmɑsiado,
en cualquier caso, la mayor