10
Mar

This is an interesting week here at IE.  My fellow MIR students and I find ourselves in the middle of finals, which span three weeks, and then it’s off to Brussels for 6 days of fieldwork before resuming with the third trimester.

Finals are the culmination of work spread across anywhere from 10, 15 or 20 class sessions which last an hour and twenty minutes each.  Some classes are still in session and some have already ended so it’s an interesting balance of continual class preparation and studying for each final examination. 

We have a lot of incentive to study hard because the day after our last final, which for me is my Spanish class, the entire class is off to Brussels to visit the major EU institutions about which we have been learning (Commission, Council and Parliament).  Additionally, over the weekend we’ll be having a bbq like session with a handful of Saudi diplomats.  The trip should prove to be an interesting application of everything we’ve been taught thus far.

Its been quite the interesting time to be studying International Relations as the possible fourth democratic wave is hitting many of the north African countries.  We have been having many of our peers in the program who come from the region teach us a great deal about their countries, the political system as well as provide their own opinions.  It has really served to enforce what we learn in class and read in the media.

With that said, I am off to study for my History of International Relations class!

rabaty August 31, 2013 - 5:38 pm

Recommeneded websites…

Here you’ll find some sites that we think you’ll appreciate, just click the links over…