16
Jan

Last week was our first week back from vacations; and thus, I imagine, it was probably quite hectic for some of the students. The coursework has not yet begun for the semester; however, this week, we have to submit our topic for our final thesis; and so, as always, we still have much to do.  Nonetheless, we are, once again, fortunate to have great classes and great professors this semester.

Saturday night I had a quiet get together at my house for everyone in the program. We socialized and played a friendly game of poker (without money). For one, such as myself, who rarely goes out, it was a great opportunity to get to know my fellow classmates, whom, as the year progresses, I look forward to getting to know better outside of the classroom.

Pablo MIR January 16, 2012 - 11:22 pm

Manuel Fraga died today.We cannot understand the political transation in Spain without him.Not only he enabled the coming of democracy to Spain but he also contributed to the federalist model adopted by the legislative power:the single administration.

Eduardo Sholl January 17, 2012 - 9:23 am

It was a great party. House parties are my favorite here in Madrid. We got to hang out with our friends a little bit more, having interesting conversations, insteadof just going to a club.

Ignacio Berdugo January 17, 2012 - 6:44 pm

I agree with you Eduardo, I think once we should make a party were only speak in Spanish is allowed you guys practice.

Andrew January 17, 2012 - 10:12 pm

Ignacio, that´s a great idea having a party where everyone only speaks in Spanish so that the non-natives can improve their speaking ability. How about this weekend at your place?

Andrew January 18, 2012 - 12:27 pm

What are some of your topics for the final thesis? What are you writing yours about, Cesar?