13
Feb

Diversity…

Written on February 13, 2012 by Andrew Herrin in Diary of a MIR Student, Master in International Relations (MIR)

Most of the students in the program went to Salamanca this weekend; however, I chose to stay in Madrid and get some work done so that when the weather improves next month, I will have the free time to travel and do things in the outdoors.

I want to take the time to state an opinion of mine in this post: there is much to like about this program, such as the economic focus, the shorter program duration, the practicality and comprehensiveness and flexibility of the program, and so forth; but, the best part about this program is the diversity it brings. We have students from around the world in this program; and just by speaking to and spending time with my classmates, I learn more than I ever could in a classroom or at any other university. From politics, sport, and hobbies, to relationships, food, and language, I learn more from my classmates each day – and particularly, more practical things — than I did in four years in undergrad. It´s an irreplaceable and invaluable experience and knowledge accumulation that will be remembered for the remainder of our lives…

Jose February 22, 2012 - 10:21 pm

I’m totally agreed on your comments, Andrew! You have to add one more thing, though! We finally make you to have a Facebook account… That’s definitely worthy to mention!

rabaty August 31, 2013 - 3:36 pm

Recent Blogroll Additions…

I saw this really good post today….