20
May

Rolf-239x300

On Wednesday, May 22 Professor Rolf Strom-Olsen (Academic Director of Humanities Studies at the IE Humanities Center) will run the online conference “Can We Move Beyond Shareholder Value as a Principle of Firm Governance?”

Dr. Strom-Olsen explained his lecture in the following words: “Since the 1970s and the rise of institutional investors as the dominant force in equity markets, shareholder value, whether as an iterated or a de facto principle, has become the focal point of governance for publicly-traded firms.

In this talk, I will consider the history of shareholder value theory and examine the consequences, both in terms of direct firm outcomes, as well as associated social costs. At the end of the conference, we will consider whether we should move beyond shareholder value as an ideology for corporate governance.”

Dr. Rolf Strom-Olsen has been with the faculty of IE University since 2009 and has been teaching a core course entitled “Critical Management Thinking” in the MBA program since 2011. He received his PhD in History from Northwestern University.

If you would like to register please click here

http://doinglifewiththetraceys.org/ August 6, 2013 - 12:50 pm

Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to take
a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not
even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, good blog!

by eating more August 14, 2013 - 1:21 am

Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your site. You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange
for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
Kudos!

cheap nike nfl jerseys wholesale October 27, 2013 - 10:34 am

This is a topic which is close to my heart…
Thank you! Whre are yolur contact detaijls though?

mlb jerseys wholesale